Accessible Transportation Around the World
Access Exchange International (AEI) is a non-profit agency promoting accessible public transport for persons with disabilities and seniors in low-income regions around the world. Our current focus is on the neglected need for transportation to and from school for children and youth with disabilities.
New videos promote transportation to school for students with disabilities
We invite our readers to share these films with friends and colleagues in the worlds of education and transport. We welcome everyone's comments.
- Making the case for better transport: "A Missing Link: Transporting children with disabilities to school" (13 minutes, with English sub-titles)
- Six-minute version, with English sub-titles
- Salvando la Brecha: Transportar a los niños con discapacidad a la escuela (Version with Spanish sub-titles and sign language)
- Six-minute version, with Spanish sub-titles and sign language
- Promoting volunteerism around the world (4 minutes)
- Bus rapid transit helps children get to school (2 minutes)
- BRT ayuda a los niños a llegar a la escuela (2 minutes)
- A wheelchair user faces challenges getting to school (4 minutes)
- Different transport modes to get to school (1 minute)
Permissions by participants in videos are on file at BECA, SFSU, San Francisco