Accessible Transportation Around the World
Access Exchange International (AEI) is a non-governmental organization promoting accessible public transport for persons with disabilities and seniors in Latin America, Africa, Asia, and eastern Europe.
New videos promote transportation to school for students with disabilities
We invite our readers to share these films with friends and colleagues in the worlds of education and transport. We welcome everyone's comments.
- Making the case for better transport
- "A Missing Link: Transporting children with disabilities to school" (13 minutes)
(Six-minute version available on YouTube)
- Promoting volunteerism around the world (4 min.)
- Bus rapid transit helps children get to school (2 minutes)
- A wheelchair user faces challenges getting to school (4 minutes)
- Different transport modes to get to school (1 minute)
Permissions by participants in videos are on file at BECA, SFSU, San Francisco
AEI promotes both accessible design of pedestrian infrastructure and transport systems and the accessible operation of such systems in a user-friendly and safe manner. Visit our International resources and web links section for information on AEI resources and other helpful publications and links. Our Newsletters section gives you the latest information on events and trends in our field.
Accessibility Upgrade: WiserUsability.com